Wright-Patterson Air Force Base offers 3 opportunities for swimming on and near the base. There are two outdoor pools – Patterson Pool and Prairies Pool – and one indoor pool.
Patterson Pool is located next to Dodge Fitness Center and the Wright-Patt Club, while the Prairies Pool is located in the Prairies Housing Complex. The outdoor pools are open seasonally from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
- Children 11-13 must pass a swim test before coming to the pool unaccompanied.
- No children under 18 years of age in the pool during 15 min rest period. (Exception: Mothers of fathers holding babies)
- No alcohol or drugs.
- No tobacco use within 50 feet of the facility.
- No profanity or obscene gestures.
- No food or drinks within 10 feet of the pool.
- No glass containers or glass dive masks.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices permitted. Lifejackets are only permitted when accompanied by an adult.
- No inflatables (noodles, water wings, etc.) or mermaid tails.
- Diving is only permitted in the deep end – No flipping into pool.
- No running, pushing, or horseplay of any kind. This includes grabbing around the neck, sitting on top of shoulders, or anything the Lifeguard deems unsafe.
- No hard throwing objects.
- No hanging on the lane lines or life lines.
- No playing in the lap lanes, these are for continuous swimming.
- No playing on the ladders.
- Personal music playing devices must be used with headphones.
- No animals except service animals.